Sure, most of us can navigate Windows. But when you update to the latest version, there are always new features to learn.
Make sure you’re getting the most out of your Windows 10 update with this handy guide.
Windows 10 Features and Tricks
The sassy digital assistant, Cortana, has made it to Windows 10 with optimized search capabilities. However, if you’d like her to truly act as an assistant, you’ll need her to listen to you.
Make Cortana respond to your commands
- Click the search box within the taskbar
- Click the notebook icon on the left side panel
- From the settings list, enable the “Let Cortana respond when you say ‘Hey Cortana’” option
- Make sure your microphone is activated
Lost your Windows phone? Your computer can find it now by activating the Find Your Device feature.
Find Your Device
- Go to Start
- Choose Update & Security
- Select Find My Device
- Turn the function on by clicking Change
- Enable the “Save my device’s location periodically” option
Isn’t it the worst when your computer restarts randomly for updates? Now it doesn’t have to.
Schedule Your Restarts
- Within the Start menu, select the Settings option
- Choose Updates & Recovery
- Then, choose Windows Update
- For pending reboots, click on the “Select a restart time” button
- You can also go to Advanced Options to activate notifications to remind you to schedule your reboots
Looking to add your personal touch to your computer? Color it up!
Add a Custom Color to the taskbar, Start menu, and search field
- Go to Settings
- Click on Personalization
- Choose Colors
- Choose from options like, “Automatically pick a color from my background” and “Show color on taskbar and Start menu” (which will automatically add the same color to the search field), or “Make Start menu transparent”
Making a tutorial? The new Game DVR function can be used for more than just recording gaming – it can record open apps or desktop software as well.
Record an Open App
- Open the app or software you’d like to record
- Hold down the Windows key + g
- Answer yes to the “Yes, this is a game box” prompt
- Click the circular Record button
- Find your videos through your user folder by going to Videos and selecting Captures
Looking to purchase Windows 10? We can help. Chat with us today.