The numbers are in, companies who engage with an MSP can look to save anywhere from 24-50% on their annual IT costs.
With such attractive financial figures, it’s no wonder that so many businesses are choosing to partner with an MSP. And if you’re thinking about doing the same, you’re likely about to make a great decision for your business that will see a ROI in due course.
However, with so many MSPs currently on the market, the question of “how to choose a managed IT provider” becomes of paramount importance.
That’s why, in this blog, we’re going to explain what managed IT services are and what value they can bring to your business.
We’re also going to present you with a managed IT services checklist to reference and we’ll finish it all off with a list of managed services qualifying questions you can ask any prospective MSP to see if they’re going to be a good fit for your company.
What Are Managed IT Services?
Managed IT services are a type of outsourcing that involves entrusting the day-to-day management of your company’s IT infrastructure to a third-party provider.
This can include everything from ensuring that all your devices are up-to-date and running smoothly to providing expert advice on how best to use technology to achieve your business goals.
Generally, you may expect your potential MSP to offer the following managed services:
- Cyber Security/Data Security
- Network Support/Monitoring & Maintenance
- Regulatory & Compliance Requirements Services
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning
- Cloud Services & Data Management
- Management of Data Centers & Cloud Infrastructure
- IT Consulting
And all of this is usually offered alongside guaranteed service level agreements with some degree of contract flexibility.
How Do Managed IT Services Add Value to Businesses?
There are many ways managed IT services can add value to businesses. Perhaps the most obvious is that it frees up your in-house team to focus on other, more strategic tasks.
It also gives you access to a team of experts who can provide valuable insights into how best to use technology and who will proactively look for ways to improve your IT infrastructure.
Additionally, managed IT services can help to reduce your costs as you no longer need to invest in expensive hardware and software or pay for regular maintenance and support.
And finally, managed IT services can help to improve your company’s security posture by ensuring that all devices are kept up-to-date with the latest security patches and that any vulnerabilities are promptly addressed.
|Want to Learn More About the World of IT Managed Service Providers? Check Out These Other Short Blogs:|
Managed IT Services Checklist
This checklist will help you to choose an MSP, understand what to expect and ensure that you find a provider who is able to meet your specific needs.
Please feel free to print or make a copy of this checklist for your use or to share with your team members.
- A managed IT services provider should have experience in working with businesses of your size and in your industry. They should also be able to provide case studies or references upon request.
- The managed IT services agreement should be tailored to your business and should outline all the services that will be provided, as well as any associated costs.
- You should have a dedicated account manager who will be your main point of contact and who will be responsible for ensuring that your IT needs are met.
- The managed IT services provider should have a robust and scalable infrastructure in place to support your business as it grows.
- The managed IT services provider should have a clear understanding of your long-term business goals and should work with you to develop an IT strategy that aligns with these.
Managed IT Services Questionnaire
To help you find the right managed IT services provider for your business, we’ve put together a list of managed IT services questions to ask that you can ask any prospective MSP.
As before, please don’t hesitate to print or make a copy of these questions for your use.
- What experience do you have in working with businesses like mine?
- Can you provide me with some references or case studies of existing clients?
- What is included in your managed IT services agreement?
- Who will be my dedicated account manager?
- Do you have a robust and scalable infrastructure in place to support my business?
- What are your charges for resolving issues outside of normal office hours?
- Do you have a clear understanding of my business goals?
Choosing a Provider with Your Managed IT Services Checklist
As you might expect, here at Outsource IT Solution Group, we pride ourselves on being able to tick all of the above boxes, and more.
Since 1998, we’ve been providing cutting-edge networking and complex computer solutions that our competition can’t touch – all while maintaining superb customer service standards.
If you’d like to discuss your managed IT needs, and see what kind of ROI we can deliver, don’t hesitate to contact us today and set up a free consultation where your unique business IT need can be accurately determined.